Sunday, February 1, 2009

Week in Review - Through Pictures

After Eli's sleepless night on Monday, I took him to the doctor on Tuesday (I think I mentioned that in my last post). He was crabby ALL DAY, Tuesday. I had to be physically in the room with Eli, if not holding him. It was extremely exhausting. By 2p, he was even crying when I was holding him! Our appointment wasn't until 4:30p. So as soon as Becca got to our house (our Tuesday/Thursday sitter), Eli & I were out the door!


Apparently, Eli likes the doctor's office. From the minute we walked in the door, he was all smiles. Next time he's crabby...we're taking a road trip to the waiting room at Valley Pediatrics!

For those who didn't read the last post...the doctor ended up diagnosing Eli with 2 ear infections. Amoxicillin & Tylenol and we should be on the road to recovery. The Doc was right! Eli slept pretty well Tuesday night. Not perfect, but Shane and I both got a decent amount of sleep.

Wednesday night...not so much!


By 9:30a Thursday, Ava was asleep on the couch. Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure, I should've noticed that she was holding her ear. But I just figured that Maggie and the Ferocious Beast was a little too loud.

Thursday night was...in a single word...HORRIFIC! Between Cole & Ava, I had eight 45-minute naps. By 5:30a, I was close to a nervous break down. I called my Mother-in-law and she came over to sit with Eli while I took Ava & Cole to the Pediatrician. Can I just take a moment and publicly thank her for also folding my laundry!?!?! Thanks, Mom Higby!


Again, Valley Pediatrics Waiting Room brought out the joy in my children. They were even sharing!  What?  Well...despite the fun they were having, they each walked out with prescriptions for antibiotics for their double ear infections! Cole gots the bonus points for needing albuterol four times a day in the nebulizer!

Each night has gotten progressively better. Cole has yet to sleep through the night, though. Friday night, he slept with Shane in our bed. Shane suggested I sleep elsewhere so I could get some sleep (Thanks, Hon!) So...I slept in Ty's bed. (He and Zoe like to sleep in the guest bed on non-school nights.) Did I mention that Ty's bed is a bunk bed? Apparently, you're never too old for the fun of a bunk bed!

We're hopeful that tonight's Cole's "sleep through" night!

2 comments:

Elyse said...

Oh my goodness...hope everyone is on the road to recovery and sleep is back in the Higby house soon!
~Elyse~

Helen said...

At least they're all on meds now and should be good as new in a week! It's always a bummer to have several different medicines to hand out to your brood though...