Wednesday, January 28, 2009

In a Nutshell

So I haven't blogged in a week.  Wondering why?  Did my computer die?  Have I suddenly not needed the stress release?  Have things become...dare I say...NORMAL?  Noooooooooooooooooooo...

In a nutshell: I've been sick!

Actually, I was sick all day Sunday.  That's right...four days ago!  Feel free to skip the rest of this paragraph to avoid "TMI"...but I have never, ever, in my entire life (and I've been on Magnesium Sulfate twice) felt that horrific!  I'm pretty sure I threw-up meals I haven't even eaten yet!

By Monday, I was fine.  My body felt like I'd been hit by a bus and my head throbbed with every heartbeat, but I was fine.  Shane, however, was not fine.  It was his turn to be in bed all day.  And for some reason, Eli decided to experience a complete personality shift and was the crabbiest he'd been...EVER

I was finally able to get him to the doctor yesterday: bi-lateral ear infections.  That would explain his lack of sleep and fever, too! (I'm blaming my exhaustion from the sickness on how I missed the tell-tale signs.)

All this to say, I never realized how long it takes to make-up for one day of housework not getting done.  (Sidenote: Shane is a great husband...he did what he could...and he did a lot...but he couldn't do it all AND take care of me...but he sure did try.  Thanks Shane!)  Granted, on top of the regular laundry, there was some "sick laundry" added in...okay...A LOT of "sick laundry".  Right now, on my bed, there are 4 loads of clean laundry to be folded and put away.  There are also 5 loads of laundry sorted into piles, ready to be washed, on the floor of my room (the laundry baskets are full of the clean stuff).  And that's after me working on it Monday, Tuesday and today!

Today was going to be my catch-up day.  Wednesdays are perfect.  Not only is Zoe at school all day, but Ty's got school in the morning.  Sure, there are still 18-month old triplets needing my attention, but I can sneak upstairs to switch, fold, and put away a load of laundry here and there.  And the triplets don't mind if I unload the dishwasher and they LIKE to watch me vacuum.  NOT TODAY!  Nope!  Snow.  A snow day.  A snow day that I couldn't even send the big kids outside to play in because it was raining by the time they were interested in playing outside!  Ugh.

I'm not complaining, really.  It may sound like it.  But really, I'm chuckling on the inside.  I mean, how many more hurdles do I need to clear before I can wear a sweatshirt again?  Right now, I'm sitting on the couch catching up on 24 with my husband's wind-breaker on because I don't even have a clean long sleeve t-shirt to wear!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick. We've managed to dodge that bullet so far this season...

What is it about having to put clean laundry away? I have the same problem here :)

Anonymous said...

Aym, if you blame yourself for missing Eli's ear infection symptoms I have to blame myself for missing your symptoms. Why you say? Like mother like son. You never had the classic signs when you had ear infections...and you had many. Remember? Oh never mind I guess you wouldn't remember. Glad he's doing better. Keep the yogurt coming.

Elyse said...

Hope everything gets back to normal soon and the sickness goes away!!! Hang in there!!!
~Elyse~

Triplets and a Surprise said...

Don't you know mom's aren't supposed to get sick! We're super human! HaHa! We're dealng wth the crud around here too. Hope everyone is on the mend soon!