Friday, January 11, 2008

Super Dad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This week, Shane had his annual trip to CES in Las Vegas. My mom came down to stay with us while he was gone. So between her and Lindsay, the kids and I were fine. The week seemed to fly by. Shane got home yesterday afternoon and we were ALL ecstatic to see him! Even the triplets seemed a little more hyper.

But this is where it gets good...

About an hour after getting home (souvenirs dutifully handed out). Shane decided he wanted to take the kids out so I could have some "alone time". He said he might take them to his parents, or even out to dinner. All of a sudden it hit me...he means all 5! Sure enough, he packed them all in the car, loaded in the stroller and grabbed the diaper bag. Before I knew it, he was pulling out to of the driveway...
...and there it was...
...silence.

Two hours later (around 7:30pm) they pulled back into the garage. All of them were accounted for...none were crying...not even Daddy. He had survived his first solo trip out with 5 kids! You'll never guess where he decided to go for his first outing...THE MALL! Yes, you read that right. Shane took the kids to the mall. I say he's the man!!!! Apparently, I'm not the only one, either. The 50 women that stopped him in the mall agreed! He said he only had two issues: 1) Zoe & Ty decided (at the same time) that they both had to go to the bathroom (the stroller doesn't quite fit in the family bathroom) and 2) the people at McDonald's struggled taking his order...they were distracted by the babies!

2 comments:

Alejandra Ramos said...

That is awesome! I can't believe he chose the mall as his first outing--that's guts, Shane. Real guts. What did you do with your two hours of peace?

salli said...

Way to go, SHANE!!! I'm SO impressed.