Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Q & A with Z & T

Yesterday was one of those days. It flew by...and not necessarily in a good way. I was a tad frustrated: I felt like everyone was a little sick with a little something, but no one had the same "something". Zoe's getting over whatever it was..."random 2 hour sore throat, headache, 18 hour one red eye, & tiredness". Ty has "green nose, sleeping only cough & puffy red non-pussy eyes". Cole has "smoker's cough". Eli has "even after nebulizer wheezing". And Ava has "drippy nose". Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! I so want to bring them all into the doctor's office and say., "Go to town. Work 'em all up!"

PLUS, it was the night before Zoe's library day and OF COURSE her library books disappeared. We looked high and low and couldn't find them. SO frustrating! I know we just saw them the other day. How can they disappear?

So last night, I scooped myself a nice big bowl of Breyer's Mint Chip Ice Cream and topped it with a good amount of maraschino cherries. (Shhhhhh...don't remind me that it's January and I'm supposed to be dieting and trying to lose weight. Didn't you hear me, IT WAS ONE OF THOSE DAYS!) I sat down on the couch to watch the harsh entertainment of the American Idol auditions, and I popped open my laptop to read through my favorite blogs!

One of my blogdictions posted about her day at home with 2 of 3 triplets home sick. She had a great idea and I'm going to steal it (hope that's okay JMom). She asked her triplets all the same questions. Then, without any edits, she typed out their answers. So I'm going to try it! Maybe it'll help me keep life in perspective.

Here goes:

Zoe's answers...
What is your favorite thing to do? Play with Karalyn
What are you good at doing? Painting & Coloring
If you had ten dollars, what would you do with it? I would spend it on pretty clothes
What are you afraid of? Bears, spiders, snakes & trees if it's really windy
Who are your best friends? Kaylee, Karalyn & Ty
What is important to you? God, Mom & Dad, & my bracelets
What is your favorite book? The Three Little Pigs
What is your favorite food? Grapes & Pizza
If you could change your name, what would it be? Karalyn or Cara or Jenna
How do you show your family you love them? By respecting them & hugging them & being nice to them & that's all
What do you want to be when you grow up? Um...a doctor
Why? Because...um...I...want to see people
What are you thankful for? My house & the swingset
Tell me something about God. Um...He loves us


Ty's answers...
What is your favorite thing to do? Watch TV with Mommy
What are you good at doing? I'm good at doing my homework
If you had ten dollars, what would you do with it? I'd give it to somebody...actually, I would buy something wiff it.
What are you afraid of? I'm afraid of bears & alligators & all that scary stuff...& even giants
Who are your best friends? Um...Mommy & Daddy
What is important to you? Clean up your room & play computer & ride my bike
What is your favorite book? David and Goliath
What is your favorite food? Mac & Cheese
If you could change your name, what would it be? I'd like it to be my normal name
How do you show your family you love them? By hugging them & kissing them
What do you want to be when you grow up? I wanna be Derek Jeter & Jorge Posada & an astronaut
Why? Because they're my favorite Yankees
What are you thankful for? I'm thankful for the house
Tell me something about God. He loves us

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, so Ty wants to be Derek or Jorge....He's definetly got Yankee blood! I wonder where he got that from since you guys are such great fans? I love the the answers that both kids gave you. You can tell how very much they love you and are loved by both you and Shane. And you're so funny...ice cream, cherries and laptop. Way to go and get away from it all. Calgon, take me away! You're doing an awesome job with those kids. And cheer up, they won't always ALL be sick at the same time. God's just teaching you to be patient and by the sounds you're learning very well.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE this (and the questions you added regarding name change are a great idea)! Just wanted you to know I am praying for you today. (I Thessalonians) :-)

salli said...

Great idea! So fun! Hope everyone's starting to feel better. I missed Ty on Wed.

Momma-of-5 said...

Salli, We missed you guys on Wednesday too. It was all my fault. I TOTALLY overslept. It's not like you can "rush out of the house" with 3 babies and Ty. If he went any slower, he'd be in reverse!