Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Pinewood Derby

When I was little, I would often help my Dad when he organized Christian Service Brigade's Pinewood Derby Meets. Even at the age of 7 (Mom...was I really that young?) I would work the registration table. Clearly, my love of charts started at a young age.

Ty had his first Derby last night. He was SO excited. The Royal Rangers have been working on their cars so dilegently for the past few weeks. He woke up yesterday morning and asked if he was going to get to keep the car when the race was done. I can see why:




He was VERY proud of his car.


The car made it past the first round but lost in the second round to the eventual winner.




When all was said and done, Ty went home with "The Coolest Car" trophy for the Ranger Kids (K-2nd).

1 comment:

beth said...

yay for ty's super cool car!