Thursday, January 1, 2009

Season's Greetings

Happy New Year! 

One of my personal goals for 2009 is to not get quite as far behind on my "To Do" list as I did in 2008.  So, I took a new approach to Christmas Cards.  Since it'll clearly be February before I get all the cards signed, envelopes addressed, and stamps purchased, I took the easy way out.  I emailed them.

Actually, I am sending out a handful of cards to some family.  By "handful" I mean UNDER 50.  Considering how much family we have, that's really minimal.  I just addressed those envelopes today.  So...maybe tomorrow I can stuff the card in the envelope.  And maybe Saturday I'll make it to the post office for stamps.  So...maybe...just maybe...our family will have picture Christmas Cards by the end of next week.  But if you're family and reading this blog, please don't hold me to that!

I figure there are a few people who will get "lost in the transition" and there are definitely people here in blog-land that I would've liked to send cards to, so I'm posting our Christmas Card here, too.  Late.  Just like in real life.

Shout out to Aura for the awesome photography for our card.  She snapped away one Sunday after church so we could get a decent Family shot.  She even came equipped with snacks for Eli to keep his thumb out of his mouth!  Thanks again, Aura!  You're hired!

5 comments:

Elyse said...

ADORABLE card...the trips expressions are adorable! Happy New Year Higby family!
~Elyse~

Megan said...

Love the Christmas Card. Your youngest daughter's expression is great! "Do we really have to do another picture?" I get those a lot!

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

happy new year!

~Sandy said...

I hope you have a wonderful New Year!
Hugs, Sandy

Superhero Mom said...

Merry Christmas Happy New Year! Beautiful family picture!