Saturday, December 20, 2008

Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!

Once I got over the frustration that school was cancelled at 6am and it didn't start snowing until 10am, I decided we would enjoy the day.  It just took a few pots of coffee for me to get to that point.  Cole & Ava are still waking up in the middle of the night.  No reason.  Just being babies.  Hopefully, it's a phase.  I've been saying that for awhile now, but seriously.  Maybe it's a phase?

Back to the snow...

(This was at 2p...we ended up with at least 8 inches)

Before I went to bed on Thursday, I made a list on the board for Zoe & Ty to see in the morning.  It had 11 fun things to do on a snow day.  We did 7 of them!  Including making a snowman craft from Nana, making a gift for teachers, and decorating sugar cookies! 


Oh boy!  Did they make a mess.  The cookies may not be the prettiest I've ever seen, but they were made with love and I guess that's more important.  Right?

Since I have a "once your out, your out...come in and you're in for good" rule, the kids waited until they were ready for a good hour of play before they headed outside.

(The "Before"...Ready for the snow)

(Clearing off the slide.)

(The "After")

Once Daddy got home from work, they went back out.

This morning, they slept past 7:30a.  I LOVE the snow!!!!!  Now if I could just get the triplets out enjoying it, maybe they'd get tired enough to sleep that good!

7 comments:

Elyse said...

Glad the kiddos enjoyed their very own snowday! Maybe all the snow wore them out :)
~Elyse~

Christy AKA Trippin' Mama said...

We're hoping for a white Christmas here. Amelia (2) loves the snow, and this Christmas will be the triplets' first!

Christy

Nicole O'Dell said...

Oh, I'm with ya on the few pots of coffee, sista!

Your house is sooo homey! I love it all snowy like that!

Dorinda said...

Okay, I am soo jealous!! Not that it was snowing in VA but right now in FL it is a crazy 75 degrees and I did NOT bring shorts for the kids. Isn't it December??

Amy said...

I'm SO jealous. All we got was sleet and rain. My boys saw white on the ground and they were rearing to go outside and play in the "snow" :) We're hoping for at least ONE good snow here this season :) You need to post your 11things to do on a snow day for the rest of us to use :)

Superhero Mom said...

OH I miss the snow...a little bit! Nice pictures Amy! Merry Christmas to you and your family. Send my love will you?

Jennifer said...

Adorable pictures! Looks like everyone is enjoying the holiday season!