I DID manage to get Number 6 donuts to his class on time...
He's quite a joy, our Ty. I wouldn't trade him in for anything. Sure, he's a picky eater...and he moves REALLY slow. But he is always making us laugh and is super friendly and loving. He has such a tender heart and makes sure everyone feels welcome and comfortable. He may be shy, but will try new things (like football) as long as you don't leave him on his own until he's ready. He's very smart (sometimes I think he could be a little TOO smart). But what I love the most about him is his love for Jesus.
A Snapshot of Ty (in his words):
- Favorite Color - Red...no wait...Orange...orange, orange, orange (I beg to differ on this one. It's DEFINITELY Red, at the moment)
- Favorite Sport - Baseball (Yankees, of course)
- Favorite Number - 7
- What do you want to be when you grow up - A baseball player
- And if you can't be a baseball player - Let me think...I would...be a coach
- Do you like school - Yes...kind of
- What's your favorite subject - What's a subject? Science. I like to do science
- If you could change your name, what would you change it to - Jack
- What's your favorite thing to do after school - Stay and Play
This year, to celebrate, Ty asked for a "NY Yankees" party. But a few weeks before the invitations went out, he started worrying about his friends that are Mets fans. So, we focused more on the baseball aspect and kept the Yankee paraphanilia to a minimum. Still...there are 15 boys in his class. 15. Yikes. Surely, since his party was during president's weekend...and before winter break...some of them would be unable to make it...right? Wrong. Only one. And the class that has had major strep throat issues was perfectly healthy by party time. 14 Kindergarten boys. In my house. For 2 hours. I called in reinforcements (Thanks Deborah!) and sent Shane to his parents with the triplets.
I think we did okay: 1 fall down the stairs, 1 fat lip, 1 bloody nose, a couple of bumped heads, a few tears and only 1 timeout! No one was seriously hurt. I was just exhausted!
(Craft time...decorating Pennants)
(Mayhem in the basement)
(Pinata - even the Mets fans liked it...they got to HIT a Yankee jersey!)
(Some of the gang)
(Blowing out candles)
The next day, we had a joint Mom/Ty Family Birthday Dinner. And Ty got his "big" gift...
A new (to him) bike!
(I love Craigslist...thanks for driving 2 hours round trip, Shane!)