Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Rub-a-dub-dub Lots of Water OUT of the Tub

Last night, Shane gave all three boys haircuts.  Ty desperately needed it.  I think he lost about 20 pounds by the time Shane was finished his "trim".

Even though Shane did a GREAT job, I'll spare you "Before & After" pictures...partly because I didn't take them.  But mostly, because that's not the point here.

So what is my point?

I finally did it!  I put the boys in the bath TOGETHER!


This is a milestone for lots or reasons, but mostly because Eli's been going through a SERIOUS "hate water" phase.  But I put him in the tub last night and he immediately started playing.  Not a moment of tears.  He picked up some of the stacking cups that have become bath toys and started throwing water over his shoulder.  9 times out of 10, the water hit him right in the face...and it didn't phase him.  He kept on shovelling the water...


After about a half of an hour (and some serious temperature drop in the water, I'm sure) I tried over and over to get Eli out of the tub.  "Finished, Eli?  Ready to get out?"  He stopped and stared at me...and shook his head "NO"...over and over and over! 


I finally just pulled Eli out and he SCREAMED!


Overall, I'd say it was a success.  I'll probably try it again.  Just not at bedtime.  Cole got so hyped up during the bath that he could not fall asleep...for over an hour...and a half!  Poor kid.  I felt so sorry for him, that I threw the "Cry-it-out" rules out the window and brought him downstairs to watch The Biggest Loser with me.  He sat next to me on the couch (I wasn't going to reward him by cuddling) and every few minutes, he would look over at me and grin.  Too cute!

3 comments:

Triplethefunplus2 said...

sweet pics! bathtime can be soooo much fun and soooo exhausting at the same time! lol

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

yay! after a rocky start, i love bathtime now, the peaches usually take one every night.

Kris said...

Glad the boys had fun! The pics are priceless!