Saturday, April 4, 2009

Learned Behavior?

When the babies were...well...babies...they shared a crib.  I wasn't about to line up three bassinets in my bedroom when they came home from the hospital.  Puting them side-by-side in one crib worked great!  Every night, I'd we'd swaddle them and put them down.  Eli on the left...Cole in the middle...then Ava on the right.


And in the morning, they'd be all cuddled up together.


I tend to think it was because Cole weighed more...causing the others to wind up sliding toward the middle.  But I'd like to think it was them just wanting to be close together.

They slept together in that one crib...side-by-side...until they started rolling (about 4 months old).  Then I kind of figured it wasn't a good idea anymore!


Now, at 20 months old, Cole still likes to sleep sideways in his crib...


Oh...and he likes to pile his blankets up on top of himself!  See that wall by his feet?  It's the wall between the triplet's room and our room.  There are so many nights that I'll wake up when I hear loud, random thuds...like someone falling out of bed.  I've finally figured out what those thuds are: Cole kicking the wall!

I think I might have some explaining to do to Cole's wife someday!

11 comments:

Elyse said...

Oh my goodness...at least he does not take up the entire bed :)
~Elyse~

Musings of the Mrs. said...

Oh my gosh. Your babies are so so so cute. And it is hilarious he sleeps sideways. I used to do that too (still kinda do...my husband thinks its adorable ;)

I found you on SITS - welcome!

Jaclynn_kyuss said...

That's adorable! Found you on SITS

Helen said...

LOL! Tyler's crib is up against the wall that is in the living room. Part of his crib is actually broken, so when he kicks the rail and whole side flies into the wall making a huge bang. Freaks me out every day I hear it!

Alexa said...

Wait! Now I must see pictures of Eli and Ava in their cribs! One trip is not enough!

beth said...

HOLY COW! triplets! i can't imagine. i also have five, but i had mine in 4 pregnancies, not 3! reading your description cracked me up. i have a blog called "be careful what you wish for." apparently, we both should have followed that advice! your children are beautiful! congratulations.

Superhero Mom said...

I love this! What a cutie! My Brendan was and still is just like this...why sleep in a bed traditionally...think outside the rectangle!

Dawn said...

Just saw your comment on SITS and had to come say hi from one mom of 5 to another-no triplets here though :) The picture of the triplets sleeping all together in the crib is precious!

2SetsOfTwins4Me said...

Seen you on rollcall at SITS.
Just want to say you have some beautiful kids. I Love the pics of the triplets as babies, how precious. And i totally understand them all sleeping in the same bed when little.

Pam said...

Visiting from SITS. Love the picture of the triplets all cuddled up in the crib. How sweet!

Amy said...

these photos of the triplets in the crib snuggled together are priceless! :) btw - once a kicker, always a kicker. my evan still wakes me up at least once a week kicking/hitting the wall in his sleep :)