Sunday, April 6, 2008

I Love Their Conversations

Before I start this story, you should know that there's a bank being built on the corner of the intersection right by our house. It's a very fancy looking bank. And, apparently, Zoe's recently learned that it's going to be a bank.

Tonight was one of those nights that I HAD to get out of the house. (Long story, short...Ava & Cole are sick with a pretty bad skin infection and it's throwing them all outta whack.) So I went to Life Groups at VERY Cool Shannon's house. On the way there, we pass the new bank. That's when the conversation happened:

Z: Ty, see that bulldozer over there? They're building a bank.
T: That looks like a house, not a bank?
Z: It's a bank, I know, because I'm 5. You're only 4.
T: Well, I'm smart...right Mom? Zoe, what's a bank?
Z: It's where you go to buy money. Like when Mom says "no" when we want something. It's because she needs to go to the bank to get dollars.

"Buy Money"??? I was cracking up!

The rest of the way to Cool Shannon's, every time we passed a (somewhat) big house, Ty would ask if it was a bank!

3 comments:

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

don't you just love the way the minds of children work?! buy money. that is too funny! i love how ty kept asking if every big house was a bank too, so cute!

Amy Sullins said...

Very cute! Don't you love when they say crazy stuff like that. It is awesome!

Hope you are having a great start to your week!
Amy

Dorinda said...

Good for you for actually remembering and putting it down on "paper"! My kids say stuff all the time that I love. Cracks me up and then when I go to blog I draw a complete blank. Where is my brain going?? I guess I'm getting old :(