Monday, May 19, 2008

M.I.A.

You may have noticed that my posts have dwindled recently. Don't fret, it's not because there's nothing to write about! And it's only partially because I’m beat at the end of the day. With three 9-month olds on the move now, by day’s end, my energy reserve has definitely diminished. But honestly, that’s not the reason. I've been unfaithful to my Blog! I'll admit it: I have a new obsession. A new toy. A new time sucker-upper. A new camera!

Shane brought me home a new digital SLR camera from his annual business meeting. This is the one business trip each year that I know the odds of my "souvenir" not being horrendous are pretty good. *** Sidenote: Shane took slight offense to that statement, but I have documented proof of how bad his gift giving can be: an oven mit, for one! Sidenote over. *** One year I got a Sony Network Walkman (their version of the iPod). One year it was their digital book, the Sony Reader. This year, (the best ever) he came home with the Sony Alpha DSLR-A300K. Ever since, I've been playing like a little kid on Christmas morning.

A few days ago, I read a blog friend’s post with great pictures of her triplets (May 15, "Laugh at the Days to Come). I was inspired. I could do that. Afterall, I have a new camera. I have Lindsay. I have cute kids. How hard could it be to get a cute shot of the gang? Ummmm...yeah. I'm not quitting my (non-paying) day job!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness your kids are absolutely gorgeous. My hat goes off to you, i have one kid and she basically takes up all of my time so i really admire you.

take care

ails

Rachael Schirano \\ Rachael Schirano Photography said...

hahaha! i laugh because it is so true. a wonderful camera doesn't make all of the kids look at the camera and smile. i have the same problem... but i have to admit that although they aren't perfect, i love the pictures anyway. your kids are just beautiful!

Amy Sullins said...

How much fun! I love when I have plans but my kids have different ones! Totally identify! :O)

Dorinda said...

Hey, what's wrong with those pictures? After all that is reality!! Now I get them all climbing and walking away - that's always fun. The pictures look cute anyway :)

Nice about your camera by the way. I'm the one that ends up buying the electronics as Kirk's gifts. His b-day is next month, gotta get my checkbook ready...

Superhero Mom said...

Adorable pictures Amy. I am laughing because I know how hard it is just to get three to stand still and pose - let alone 5!! Say a little pray for me - my computer went to computer heaven last week so I'm having to go to our library (or a friend's house) to do any blogging or emailing! UGH - I am so addicted! Love you!