Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Let's Play Catchup - Ty

Ty's turn!


Just like Eli, Ty enjoyed the lake this summer.  I'm not really sure how much time he spent in the actual WATER, but he sure worked on his baseball throwing skills with his best bud, Jack.



On the sad side, his "other" best friend (and neighbor), Sam, moved to Texas.  It was a sad, sad day.  We'll really miss the Steffe's.  I can't wait for my first visit to Texas.  Oh wait...we were talking about Ty...


The definite highlight of the summer was Ty's trip to Northern Frontier with Granddad.


PopPop also went, with Ty's cousin, Noah.  It was three nights in a cabin with a ton of fun in the day...


...slingshots...


...air rifles (?)...


...ropes courses...


...and "rock" climbing.


From the moment he got back, Ty was planning for a return trip in the summer of 2011!

The big surprise of Ty's summer was that Mom and Dad finally caved and got Ty the kids a much coveted Wii.  The timing was perfect.  It rained for 4 days the moment they turned it on.  The next morning, Ty came down from his room all hunched over with his arms hanging low.  He was complaining that his arms were "broken".  I don't think he made the connection.


September brought first grade...ALL DAY...EVERY day!!!

(Note the snake on his backpack...he purposely picked this pack out to freak out his snake-hating Dad!)

It also brought S-O-C-C-E-R!  I'm not sure what Ty liked more, the game or the Gatorade.



Ty's a really low-key kid.  He's a true joy and most days, he's a laugh-a-minute.  He has a bunch of great friends, but if given the choice, he'd choose a play date with Jack at a moment's notice.


Jack's mom always sends me a top quote from their time together.  Here are a few:

"Ty, how did you become such a picky eater?" "I get it from my Dad's side!"
"My mom calls me 'snail' because I have a hard shell" (Oh Ty...I don't think so...)

No comments: