Wednesday, June 24, 2009

New Stadium...New View

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay back on 6/17, Shane and I got a chance to go visit the NEW Yankee Stadium. I had to admit, I was excited. I'd heard it was beautiful and had some great things to see...


Like the Great Hall with the 24 foot x 36 foot HD Video Screen...


...and the Wall of Champions (or something like that). It has "oldies" on one side...


...and "recent" players on the other...


There's also the NY Yankee Museum with it's crazy wall of autographed balls...


...and of course Thurman Munson's original locker...


As excited as I was to see the new stadium, it was doubled...because we were going kid-less.


And then...gasp...we were sitting in the corporate seats - Shane's boss asked us to join him and his wife. I had no idea what to expect, really. But I can tell you what I DIDN'T expect: Our View!


HOLY COW!

It was almost DISTRACTING being that close. I was speachless for the first 5 minutes we stood there. Yes, me, speachless! Shocking, I know. There were times when the player in the on-deck circle was actually in our way. We couldn't see the batter.


You know when you're watching sports on TV and the camera spans across a celebrity? That's where I was sitting! Nooooooooooooooow do you understand why I was speachless? The game we were at, the NY Giants were also at. And they were sitting all around us. I've never felt so small. Did I mention that Eli Manning brought his big brother to the game?


Seriously, I was too busy looking around to watch the game. Who was playing again? Just kidding...

The Yankees lost. They gave us a hope in the 9th, only to leave us disappointed in the end.

As fun as this game was, I can't wait to experience the stadium like an average Joe again.

4 comments:

salli said...

Wow...thanks so much for posting those. We haven't gone there yet, but that was a great tour! Ben loved the pics too! :o)

Alejandra Ramos said...

lol i love this post because I'm the same way! We went to citi field for a mets game on father's day, and thanks to some Jorge-magic, we got these amazing private suite seats and were watching the game with Johan Santana's dad. We even had a waiter, but I wasn't able to concentrate on the game because J-LO and MARK ANTHONY were sitting across from us. I kept taking their picture and looking around to see what other famous people were there. And yes, we also lost.

Oh and btw, yankee stadium (both the old and the new) is about a 10 minute walk from my apartment. We're right over that little bridge that goes over the Harlem River Drive connecting Manhattan and the Bronx.

Triplethefunplus2 said...

OMG! HOW AWESOME ARE YOU!!!! Someday I want to see every park in America! That'll be a summer trip for ya!

Love the pics!

Keith and Jessica said...

Yea for lots of fun and some time away!